Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wrapping up Drama module

These few weeks doing the drama presentation have been a period of ups and downs for me.

Truth to tell, I didn't know how much commitment I'm going to get from everyone, because many a times I don't see a seriousness in the planning stages of the project. Maybe some are uncomfortable with the idea, don't know what exactly needs to be planned, or the fact that it's CA marks up for grabs just didn't make an impact.

Then I see panic when the performance date draws near. People start to come up to me to ask sensible and relevant questions. I start to see props being brought along for rehearsal sessions. After the first round of performances (after which I'll do a Simon Cowell like I'm on American Idol), many of you finally realised how particular I am regarding the use of scripts, costumes, props, positioning and movements etc.

In the end, I am really heartened to see so much effort from many of you, the creative ideas you have, the colourful props you used. I am really glad to know that most of you appreciated Shakespeare more after the experience, and that you find it fulfilling after all!

Most of all, treasure this memory of your performance, for many of you, this might be the first and last time you will ever try to do a performance. You'll no doubt look back fondly on this memory, after you leave Pei Hwa...

No comments:

Post a Comment