Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Have a Happy New Year!

Hey everyone, hope your new year break was good! It wasn't a nice one for me at all, as for the other teachers, as we got lots to do; but at least I got to visit relatives of my extended family as usual, and had a good reunion dinner.

At different times, I had different feelings with regards to the New Year. When I was much younger, it was a happy time because I get to stuff myself with nice food and was delighted to get the ang baos, but after a while I thought that it was a rather boring holiday as there's no place to go after all that visiting (except to watch movies), and I couldn't understand why we have to go from house to house to visit, sitting there watching TV while waiting for the adults to finish their conversations. Do you think alike too?

But now that I'm sort of grown up already, I am starting to appreciate it all over again. Over the years I only see my cousins once a year during this time, and I realise I missed out on seeing them grow up. At least this holiday gives me a chance to stay in contact with them. Trust me, you will appreciate these traditional Chinese customs as you grow older!

No comments:

Post a Comment