Sunday, February 8, 2009

A trip to Bukit Timah

I happen to have the chance to tag along a friend's trekking training session at Bukit Timah hill last Saturday, and it was nice to take a walk in the jungle, something I have not done before (previously I only walked up on the concrete path).

It was surprising what I saw inside - there are 2 of these secret-tunnel type entrances along the trail, and I don't really where they lead to actually. But it's not surprising - many hills are tactical positions which are important to hold in the military context, and probably they were important during WWII.

There's also this small stream of water flowing into this concrete pool before trickling off downhill through a small outlet. What's it for? Perhaps you can tell me...

A cute plant seedling with cute leaves, very pretty.

Go take a walk there with your family if you have a morning to spare - it'll reward you with natural wonders, peace and a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment